Followers

RSS Subscription

Subscribe via RSS reader:
Subscribe via Email Address:
 
Pin It

Widgets

Woman, 27, escapes from ritualists, narrates ordeal

Wednesday 24 October 2012 ,

A 27-year-old woman, Miss Patience Bitrus, on Monday in Bauchi, narrated how she escaped death by the whiskers from suspected ritual killers.

She, however, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that another lady who boarded a commercial vehicle together, withy her was not as lucky as she was murdered.

“It all started on Sunday, Oct. 14, when I boarded an Opel Vectra commercial car at the Bauchi Central Market Roundabout, around 9 a.m., on my way to Kangere, about 20 km away.

“As I entered the car, another passenger, a lady of about my age, joined me. Some men pretending to be passengers later joined us.

“The vehicle took off but as we reached where we were to disembark, the driver increased the speed. When myself and the other girl tried to raise an alarm, we were subdued and our mouths covered with some rags.

“On reaching an isolated place on Alkaleri – Bauchi road, we were asked to disembark and our hands tied, after which we were taken the bush and told to say or last prayers.

“They took us to a rocky place and allowed me to call and inform my fiancĂ© about my plight. Thereafter, they took the other girl a distance away from me, beside a rock, and slaughtered her.

“As I waited for my turn, I could hear her voice shouting for help. I saw her blood from a distance. As they finished with her and were probably removing some of her organs, the person assigned to keep watch over me, started dozing.

“I quietly rolled over on the ground and then took off, running the race of my life until I reached the main road where some people assisted and brought me back to Bauchi.”

Bitrus said her fiancée and her reported the matter to the police and even took securitymen to the place where the other girl was slaughtered, unfortunately the culprits had left.

According to her, even the remains of the deceased passenger were not found there.

The Commissioner of Police in Bauchi State, Alhaji Mohammed Ladan, confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with NAN on Monday, adding that the command had commenced investigations into the matter.

Meanwhile, special prayers were held at the Yelwa ECWA Church, Bauchi, to thank God for sparing Bitrus life.

The Pastor in charge of the church, the Rev.Yahaya Madaki, told NAN that Bitrus’ miraculous escape was an act of God.

“I will advise commuters to be wary of the type of vehicle they board while travelling. What happened to Patience and the other deceased passenger should be an eye opener to all of us,” he said.


Be the first to reply!

Post a Comment